Random thoughts about APOC and other issues

Monday, March 29, 2010

It Doesn't Look Good for the I-pad...


A recent poll found that 66 percent of respondents were not sure or will not buy an I-pad (above picture courtesy of Wikipedia). The rest said that they will wait for the price to drop before buying it. The poll was conducted a month after Apple's CEO, Steve Jobs introduced the computer on January 27. The I-pad cost starts at $500.00 and goes up depending on the hardware features. Media reception to the computer has been mixed, according to the Wikipedia entry on the subject. Walt Mossberg called the price "modest" for a device of its capabilities, and liked the ten-hour battery life. Yair Reiner said that, "the iPad will compete against e-book devices such as the Barnes & Noble Nook and the Amazon Kindle." The unscientific survey was created by Enlacalle with a sample of 3 people. I hope you vote next time for a more representative sample. My new survey: Should Google pull out of China? Go to Enlacalle.

2 comments:

  1. But they've sold out the non-WiFi version, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 3-person poll. Ha!

    I think the iPad is gonna be a hit. Apple doesn't do everything right, but they do know how to launch amazingly designed new consumer products.

    ReplyDelete