Random thoughts about APOC and other issues

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One last look at Twiistup



I wasn't able to attend Twiistup, but I feel that most people learned a lot of new things about the online business. One great example, if you haven't read it, is Lisa Jacob's blog about her experience. She was able to listen to Paul Graham"s interview about start ups. After reading Paul Graham, he has become one of my favorites bloggers and entrepreneurs. This guy gets it.

Back to Lisa's blog, she has a few main points about Mr. Graham. First, he dressed down, a sign of how confident and successful this guy is. This happens in many professional fields. A few years ago, I met legendary anchor Dan Rather while I was walking in a hallway of the CBS building in New York. Those who have been there know that the building is very old. Confusing. I was lost when I saw him. He was really nice and talked for a few minutes, and then even showed me the way out. It may sound new to you, but most anchors that I know wouldn't do that. But the really talented ones, in my opinion, seem to be comfortable enough to be nice to "general assignment" reporters like me.

Paul Graham fits that category. He sounds like a winner and also makes it clear. He advises to be determined and think big when you're building a new project, a website. More important, build something that people need. A great advise that sometimes gets lost in the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment